Came across this bug while testing the new inter-op between Motionbuilder and Maya. It seems like the one click inter-op characterization function in Maya does not push the reference joint over to Mobu.
This is my current workflow when encountering this bug
- -create HumanIK skeleton in Maya
- Group the HumanIk skeleton to an null group
- The reference control character control works in Maya
- Send to motionbuilder ( add to scene )
- The reference control character control in motionbuilder breaks and doesnt work
- If I go the other way round and create the character in Motionbuilder > send to maya, the reference works just fine
I might be doing something wrong, but have tried a few times.